MEEF
Add MEEF to my Favorites

Main Page

About Us

Advertise

B2B

Bulletin

Engineering

Contact us

CyberShow

Events

Gallery

Home

Interlude

Jobs

Marketplace

Projects Archive

Recycling

Sitemap

Site Stats

Submit Release

Visitors in
Free Firefox


MEEF - Middle East Projects News - previous page

 

Search this site  


Six vie for Abu Dhabi sewerage projects

France's Veolia and Singapore's Keppel Seghers are among firms bidding to buy 40 percent of Abu Dhabi's sewerage sector in the Gulf's first such privatisation, an official said.

"Six international companies including Veolia, Keppel and the local Al Qudra Holding are among the bidders who submitted bids on Monday," said Alan Thompson, managing director of Abu Dhabi Sewerage Services Company.

The selected company will build two sewerage treatment plants, one in the UAE capital Abu Dhabi and another in Al Ain and will operate them for 25 years.

"As far as we know, this is the first privatisation of the sewerage sector in the (Gulf Arab states) and the estimated cost of the project is in the region of 1.5 to 2 billion dirhams," Thompson told Reuters.

The chosen company will take a 40 percent stake in a company that will be set up for this purpose while the remaining 60 per cent will be held by the Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority, he said.

The financial and technical assessments will go on for about three months and a preferred bidder will be selected by late summer 2007," said Thompson, whose company currently oversees the emirate's sewerage sector. - Reuter
 

Advertisement
 

 

Advertisee | Articles | Bulletin | Contacts | CyberShow  | Events | Jobs | Home | Projects  | Sitemap | Stats

 

Copyright 2006 Middle East Economic Engineering Forum | RAK Free Zone | UAE | Tel/Fax: +971 50 374 0617 All rights reserved.

 

This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 4 or higher

Website Created: Mar. 7th. 06  - Add MEEF to my Favorites